Thursday 6 January 2011

Are we really capable of deciding who to trust?

What is the meaning of trust? Where comes the point that we say ‘yes I trust him’ or ‘yes I trust her’? How do we know when we’re over the speed bump, over the boundary between trusting somebody and just thinking we trust them?
I guess we’ll never know. It could take a year, or could just take an hour.
Do we ever know when we trust somebody though? Can we ever fully trust one person? Or, is it that we only ever know if we don’t trust somebody because we’ve learnt not to trust them through experience?
To trust somebody is to take a new road, one we may not feel completely safe on. But for that person in which we trust, it’s something whereby they feel valued and confided in. For some of us, trust is something which we keep to ourselves because the hassle isn’t worth the potential damage; but for the rest of us we take pride in sharing things with our friends, family and sometimes even the odd stranger whom with we participate in small talk.
With a new life, experiences in which I do not wish to recall and having met thousands of new people, I’ve learnt more about trust than you can imagine. When to trust, when not to trust, and more importantly, when to hold back on making my decision about trust.
But most importantly, I’ve learnt:
When unsure, TRUST NO-ONE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment