Saturday 20 August 2011

One day we'll all expire...then go on forever?

I often wonder if it's us making the decisions in life.

We could be in a computer game.
We could be a tiny part of something, like a small ant's nest.

It's all too much to get your head around; too many possibilites and too much uncertainty.

We live in a world where there's always somebody higher who can help; there's always somebody who can control the situation. But, when it comes to life, afterlives and natural occurances, nobody is in control and we find this hard to accept because it's not something we're familiar with.

We rant on about the 'chapters' in our lives but what if 'life' is just a chapter of something bigger, something we aren't aware of. We've already established my mind works in weird ways, so just roll with what I'm saying! It kind of makes sense. I can't get my head around the fact that we die and then supposedly go to some place else. Well, according to some people, but to others, we come back as another animal or creature depending on how we behaved in our previous life. And so if this is the case should we live for the moment, or for our next life?

Everything we do is to a time limit, even though we may not realise it. When people say 'nothing lasts forever', that's the reality. Everything comes to an end, has a start and finish and eventually expires so to speak. I find it so difficult to think about what happens when we die. My mind can't physically think about or imagine the term 'forever'. And we use the term 'forever' too loosely because as I say nothing can be forever unless it's 'our' forever, until there is no forever left. See I'm not even making much sense now because my head slightly explodes inside itself when I try to imagine us laying underground forever...there's no end, that we know of. It makes me slightly panicky and warm.

But if we all came with an expiry date, like the milk in my fridge and the bread in my cupboard, we could make sure we do everything we need to before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment