Wednesday 28 December 2011

Just a few keepers

As I looked around my bedroom, I realised it was unsuccessful in portraying my age. I'd struggle to pinpoint why and what exactly made me think this, but I felt like I had grown up whilst my bedroom stayed in it's 6 years ago state. I'm not sure if state's the right word, because it wasn't so much of a mess, it's just the fact that every space, or empty place on a shelf, was occupied by something I probably didn't need. 

So I began to have a 'quick' tidy up last night, whilst mum and dad watched some morbid drama on the tv. For saying that was on for 90 minutes, and I began to tidy before it started, and finished whilst the next programme was on, it wasn't so much of a quick tidy!

My tidy turned in to a mass clear-out. My tidy resulted in 5 rubbish bags and endless amounts of charity bags and my room looks just about like my room does whilst I'm away at uni; it's tidy and semi-empty, except I'm living in it. 

I had to be ruthless but it was hard. To anybody else, half of the stuff were pointless teddies or useless notebooks, but to me they all had a meaning or place. Each thing was a gift from a special person, or something I'd bought from somewhere as a souvenir. And it might be that that person has died and I'll never receive something from them again. And, that place which i remembered with the notebook may no longer exist, or I'll never get the chance to go there again. 

But, at the end of the day, most of the things were unused dust-collectors and my bedroom had to grow up with me. 

So after 2 hours, there's me, my bed and a just a few keepers. 

1 comment:

  1. should of kept more ! i still have lego in my room from... years ago !

    ReplyDelete