Thursday 24 April 2014

I'll eat chocolate until my leggings rip. And what?

I write this as I crack another one of my chocolate eggs. I must add, it's my final one. 

It's only Thursday, where have the days gone where your pile of Easter eggs would last until mid October? Oh, they were left at childhood. That's when your popularity, life destiny and financial future was based on the number of eggs you received. Or that's what you thought. 

Every year, for no reason whatsoever, I give up chocolate for lent. Last year I ditched the diet coke aswell in a bid to prove my bezzies wrong - it's no secret I've got an addiction to the fizzy, low-cal devil we call diet coke. 

I'm not religious but I sure stick to the terms of lent religiously! Yes, I was close to a breakdown during my dissertation. And no, my chocolate-and-coke-celibacy didn't help. 

Over the years, I figured giving up chocolate was down to the well known saying, 'absence makes the heart grow stronger'. The taste of chocolate on Easter morning makes the 40 day and 40 night restraint worth its while! Nothing stimulates my taste buds like that of Cadburys chocolate early on an Easter Sunday empty stomach. 

And that's another thing, despite comparing the ingredient list on numerous occasions and finding no dissimilarity to any other cadbury product, I believe the shell of a cadbury egg is a rare form of cadbury heaven we can access only one season a year - although thanks to our keen and premature shops they're available from around Christmas if we look hard enough. Nobody's telling me that the solid shell is the same as a bar of dairy milk. Unless you're Mr Cadbury, then ply me with chocolate and tell me anything. 

I've had a big learning curve this Easter, most noticeable on my centre section. My new chocolate muffin top.   

Most importantly, I've learnt being greedy is perfectly ok when it comes to chocolate. Yes, you heard it here first. It's just a shame everybody else can see I've been greedy.  Thank god my jeans are just a sturdier form of leggings. 

Next time you see me, you'll see I look like Kacee ...who's eaten Kacee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment