Friday 17 June 2011

Find another way to carry me

My day started with a 3 mile walk – a pointless three mile walk. It was one of those things where, for the sake of saving a couple of quid, you go for the hard option. It wasn’t hard or strenuous, but the rain was totally unnecessary.

Minding my own business and power walking through the torrential rain, I passed a young couple. The man was carrying his daughter in one of those strange child-carriers which are worn like a rucksack on one of the parents’ backs. I’ve never really understood them, nor agreed with them. Imagine if the parent/guardian slipped and fell over! The child would either go flying on to the floor, be squashed or go head first as a consequence. In fact, I haven’t stopped thinking about it since I saw it.

Saying this, I’ve no better idea of how to carry your young child up a mountain because I can’t imagine seeing a young couple pushing a pram over the peaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment