Monday 27 June 2011

It's because we're British...

We moan when it's cold, we moan when it's hot; basically, we're always going to moan.

I have to say though, it has been absolutely boiling hot today - not that my choice of clothing affected anything! I decided to walk to the shops, which are two and a half miles away, and I didn't even give the weather a thought. I put my full length skinny jeans, a top, my blazer and some pumps on and by the time I had reached the end of my driveway I felt like I'd done a four mile sprint. I marched on like a trooper anyway because I was getting a lift back later on, until I wasn't... I ended up walking back aswell! But my return journey must have been about half the usual time because in my rage, I stormed through the woods and down the road as if I was trying to escape from a stalker.

The point is, when it goes cold again, I'll still be complaining.

When I finally got to civilisation I looked like I'd just travelled from the North Pole because I had more clothes on than the whole of Ambleside put together. That's another British thing though isn't it, we see a bit of sun and we strip off; we dig out our sandals and white t-shirts and we act like we're in the Bahamas. And the best bit is, we do that for one day a year and they aren't then seen for another year.

That's because we're British though; the American's wear sweatpants, the Mexican's wear big hats and according to the apprentice, we're still unsure whether the French love their children!

No comments:

Post a Comment