Monday 20 June 2011

The Unexpected

I've had my first night of training at Hospital Radio tonight. I loved it! The thing is, hospitals make me feel queezy, really queezy, so it was totally unexpected that I didn't faint, feel sick or need to take a five-minute break outside in the car park! I'm quite proud of myself really and it's all for a great cause - helping lift the sick people's spirits.

I sat in with one of the presenters while he did his voice tracking and before I knew it, half way through his first link, he announced me as his co-host and it was like the Fearne and Reggie chart show - without the chart run-through and without the southern accents!

I really enjoyed it. I don't know what's gotten in to me recently, I'm fearless. I keep throwing myself in to these weird and exciting situations which usually I'd have run a mile from. I feel like I've really come out of myself, it's only a few years ago when I wouldn't go anywhere alone and now I feel untouchable! I think I have university to thank for that; the best thing I've ever done. I think it was the best decision of my life, and so far, every situation I have thrown myself in to has put me one step closer to my dream of working in the media whether it's through skills I have learnt, contacts I've made or simply just my new-found confidence.

All in all, a really good night and to brighten up my night even more, ah I may self-combust with happiness soon, it's the longest day of the year tomorrow!! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like u r doing fab Hun! U have changed jus in the short time I've known u!! Keep it up an u will be a star! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! won't be long before you are on Radio 1 and all over the TV! Watch out Fearne lol! xxx [this is your A. Mads but don't know how to choose a profile! haha!]

    ReplyDelete